These days, homes really need to have the best wireless camera systems because criminals are getting bolder and more desperate. If you want to discourage these bad people from ever getting near your home and compromise the safety of your family then you will need the best home security cameras that you can buy.
The search for the best wireless camera systems can be tough, but with a bit of patience and the willingness to do a bit of research, it can be done without too much hassle. Don’t settle for the cheap security cameras, if you want real quality, you need to be willing to spend a little bit more.
Why Do You Need the Best Wireless Camera Systems?
– To keep an eye on your children. If you have a couple of toddlers then you know just how hard it is to keep an eye on them all the time. They could be running in the backyard, inside the garage, and in other parts of the house. If you aren’t careful, your kids might get out of the front door and onto the street. If you have the best wireless camera systems installed in your home. You can keep an eye on them wherever you are because you can check the cameras using your smartphone.
– To deter would-be robbers and vandals. It does not matter where you live, there will always be criminals who could potentially break into your house or cause serious damage to your property. However, they do tend to stake out their targets beforehand. When these criminals find out that you have an indoor and outdoor security camera system they will think twice about going through with their plans.
– To keep an eye out for your property remotely. Burglars would often break into homes where the occupants are out for an extended period, like when you go on a vacation or when you have to go on a particularly long errand. Sometimes, even when the criminals know that there are home security camera systems installed they will still break in and then clean out your house as fast as they can so they will still have time to escape.
However, when you have hidden security cameras strewn across your property, you can see if there are suspicious people lurking around your house at any given time using your smartphone and a wireless internet connection. This means you have enough time to call the cops so they can check up on your house and make sure that the would be robbers don’t have a chance.
The Top Five Best Wireless Camera Systems
Now that you know why you need home security cameras, here are a couple of the best choices that you can pick for your own home.
|Products||Images||No. of Cameras|
|Available Storage||Our Rating|
|Arlo Security System - 2 Wire||02||1GB Cloud Storage||4.5|
|Blink Home Security Camera System||05||2 hours of Cloud Storage (expandable via USB)||4.3|
|Smonet 8CH 960P HD||08||2TB Local Storage||4.2|
|YESKAM Wireless Security System||08|| |
2TB Local Storage
|Samsung - SDH-C75100||10||2TB Local Storage||4.1|
|Arlo Pro Security System with Siren (VMS4630)||06||7-days Cloud Storage (expandable via USB)||4.7|
|Zmodo 1080p 8CH||08||500GB Hard Drive||4.4|
|NETGEAR VMK3200-100NAS||04||Cloud Storage only||4.6|
1. Arlo Pro Security System with Siren (VMS4630)
The Arlo Pro Security System with Siren (VMS4630) is one of the best security camera systems that you can get.
The kit includes six HD camera with a built-in microphone and speaker, and a DVR base station with a 100-decibel alarm.
The camera can capture HD videos both in the daylight and at night, and it also comes with a motion sensor so it would only turn on when it detects movement in the area, which greatly helps conserve battery life and storage space in the base station. The camera has a wide-angle, 130-degree lens that gives it a wide view of the area where it is installed, and it can also capture videos at 720p quality.
|- Long battery life. The Lithium ion batteries that comes with the cameras can last for weeks on a single charge.|
- Weatherproof. You can install the cameras indoors or outdoors without having to worry about rain or snow.
- The built-in microphone and speaker in the cameras allows you to talk with anyone in the camera’s range.
- You can watch a live feed from any camera from your smartphone or laptop anywhere; you can also check video recordings remotely
|- There is a sudden lag between when the motion detector turns the camera on and when it actually starts recording.
- There isn’t an external battery charger for the Li-ion batteries that come with the cameras.
If you want a truly wireless security camera system that you can use pretty much out of the box, then the Arlo Pro Security System with Siren is your best choice.
2. Smonet 8CH 960P HD Wireless Network/IP Security Camera System
The Smonet 8ch Wireless Security Camera System comes with eight wireless cameras with ¼” CMOS sensors, and can shoot video at 960p quality, be it day or night. At night, the cameras can see clearly up to 65 feet.
The cameras are easy to install, and the only wires you have to deal with are the power cables; the camera transmits the videos wirelessly.
The Network Video Recorder that comes with the set is easy to set up; you just need to connect the included mouse to the NVR, connect a TV or monitor via a HDMI cable, plug the NVR to the internet router via the included LAN cable, and then plug it into a power supply.
|- You can remotely view live video feeds from the video surveillance system via your laptop or any mobile device|
- The NVR comes pre-installed with 2TB of storage
- The cameras have motion detectors that will send alert messages to your phone whenever something triggers them
- The NVR creates its own wireless network so it does not burden your home’s own Wi-Fi network
|- The documentation that came with the set is written in broken English and is quite hard to understand.
- It is not totally wireless because you still have to plug the cameras to a power source, but that is easy enough to do.
Besides having to drill holes for the power cables of the cameras, setting up the Smonet HD Wireless Security Camera System is quite easy, and the quality of the images you get are excellent. If you are looking for a reliable, and efficient wireless camera system, then this is the perfect choice.
3. Arlo Security System – 2 Wire-Free HD Cameras
This set consists of two HD cameras that can record videos at a crisp 720p resolution. The set also includes magnetic mounts so you can place your cameras anywhere you like; you can even put them outside because the cameras are weatherproof.
The cameras are also quite easy to set up, you just need to put batteries in them (not included) and then connect them to the Arlo base station (not included).
Cameras have built-in motion detectors so they will only turn on when they sense anything moving in the area. It also have quite good night-vision capabilities and can actually capture details up to 65 feet in complete darkness thanks to the 820 nm LEDs that are built-in.
Yes, this set is just for the two cameras, and they are meant for expanding your pre-existing Arlo home security system. You should not buy this if you don’t have a base station as they will not work as intended.
|- Easy to set up; just power on and connect to the base station|
- Tiny and compact; these cameras are easy to hide and so intruders will not even know that they are being watched.
- The motion detectors built-into the cameras makes sure that they will only start recording when they sense movement, this saves both the battery life and the amount of available cloud storage
|- The cameras still need a base station to work|
If you are looking to expand the best wireless camera systems that you already have in your home then you should definitely check this set out.
4. Blink Home Security Camera System
The Blink home security camera system comes with five blink cameras that can record videos with 720p clarity and a Sync module that will instantly save video clips on the cloud (the system comes with free storage for 20 hours of video, but you can add more for an additional fee).
The cameras are totally wireless. They can run on just 2AA Lithium batteries (included in the system) and they can last for at least 2 years. The cameras also have a built-in motion detector which will instantly make the cameras start recording, and as soon as the clip is uploaded to the cloud storage you will get a push notification on your phone.
|- Cameras are completely wireless. No need for data or power cables. You can place the cameras anywhere you want.|
- The battery life of the cameras is quite impressive. The included batteries can actually last for at least two years before you need to replace them. In addition, since the cameras use AA batteries, you can find replacement batteries in convenience stores.
- The cameras are tiny and compact so you can place them in discreet locations without anyone even noticing them.
|- The Blink mainly uses cloud storage, so if your internet goes down you cannot view the video footage. However, you can plug a USB stick or a portable HD drive on the sync module for local storage.
- The cameras are not weatherproof so you can only place them indoors or in an outdoor area that is sheltered from the weather.
If you want a simple to set up and totally wireless home security solution then the Blink home security camera is one of the best choices for you.
5. NETGEAR VMK3200-100NAS Security Camera Kit with 3 Wire-Free Outdoor HD & 1 Arlo Q
This set comes with 3 Arlo wire-free security cameras and one Arlo Q camera. The Arlo wire-free cameras are exactly the same as the ones that come with the Arlo Security System – 2 Wire-Free HD Cameras mentioned earlier, which means they can be placed both indoors and outdoors.
However, this set also comes with an Arlo Q camera, which is purely for indoor use only, but it does have an onboard speaker and microphone so you can actually hear, and maybe even communicate, with anyone that is within the camera’s range.
Just like the Arlo Security System – 2 Wire-Free HD Cameras, the wire-free cameras need to connect to a base station to upload the videos they capture onto the cloud storage. On the other hand, the Arlo Q camera can function on its own, it just needs to connect to your local Wi-Fi network, but it is not completely wire-free as you need to plug it into a power supply.
Do take note that this set is meant to expand an already existing Arlo security system. If you brought this set by mistake, and you don’t have an Arlo base station, only the Arlo Q camera will work.
|- Easy set up. You can set up the cameras in minutes. |
- The Arlo Q does not need a base station, it can upload the videos on its own.
- The built-in motion detectors help conserve battery life and cloud storage space.
|- The Arlo Q camera still needs to be plugged into a power source.
- The Arlo wire-free cameras need a base station.
If you’re looking to increase the range and functionality of your Arlo security system then you definitely should give the NETGEAR VMK3200-100NAS Security Camera Kit cameras a try.
6. YESKAM Wireless Security System
This all-in-one system comes with eight cameras that can record videos at an impressive 960p resolution that can capture clear images regardless if it is day or night. The cameras are also IP66 certified so it is weatherproof so you can install it wherever you want.
However, just like the Smonet security cameras, the cameras of the YESKAM system are not completely wireless, you still need to plug the cameras to a power source.
You can also view a livestream from the cameras via the Mobile IP app that you can download from the Apple Appstore and Google Play Store. You will also get instant alerts whenever any of the cameras’ motion detectors are triggered; when you are captured by the cameras when you pull up into your driveway, you will get a notification on your phone before you even reach your front door.
|- The NVR that comes with the system has its own Wi-Fi network so it will not place any additional burden on your home’s network|
- The setup is pretty simple; when all the cameras and the NVR is powered up, they will automatically connect to the network without any configuration at all
- The cameras and NVR will still work even without internet connection; you will only need an internet connection to access the cameras remotely from your mobile device
|- The system is not completely wireless because the cameras still need to be plugged into a power supply
- The instructions are written in broken English, and it does not help that the customer service of the company is not that helpful at all
If you are looking for the best wireless camera systems that is completely weatherproof and can capture HD videos 24 hours a day then you need to get the YESKAM wireless security system.
7. Samsung – SDH-C75100
The Samsung SDH-C75100 kit include ten cameras and a DVR with a whopping 2TB worth of storage, which is more than enough for all the footage taken by all those cameras.
The cameras themselves can record videos up to 1080p quality, which is more than enough to capture all the necessary details to identify any perpetrator who would dare invade your home.
The Samsung SDH-C75100 kit include ten cameras and a DVR with a whopping 2TB worth of storage, which is more than enough for all the footage taken by all those cameras. The cameras themselves can record videos up to 1080p quality, which is more than enough to capture all the necessary details to identify any perpetrator who would dare invade your home.
One of the biggest advantages of using the SDH-C75100 is the 2TB storage in the DVR. This sheer amount of hard disk space can hold weeks’ worth of high-quality video so you don’t have to review and delete gigabytes of videos on a weekly basis.
You can also monitor your cameras remotely via a simple web browser or through your smartphone through the IPOLis mobile application. So even if you leave your home for an extended period, you can still have peace of mind because you can check all of the ten cameras installed all over you house to make sure that everything is the way they should be.
|- The Samsung SDH-C75100 kit include ten cameras and a DVR with a whopping 2TB worth of storage|
- The cameras themselves can record videos up to 1080p quality
- Smartphone and PC ready. View Anytime/Anywhere. Remote viewing on Internet Explorer or iPOLis mobile
|- There is no screen attached|
For all the things that you are getting (10 cameras and 2TB of storage), the Samsung SDH-C75100 gives you more bang for your buck.
8. Zmodo 1080p 8CH HDMI NVR System
The Zmodo System comes with 8 x 1MP cameras that can capture crisp images regardless if it’s night or day.
The cameras have an automatic IR-cut filter that enables them to see clearly up to 65 feet in even the darkest of nights.
One of the great features of the Zmodo is that once you have the cameras installed and powered up, you only need to connect them to your home’s wifi network and you’re all set to go. You just need to create an account and then enter your wifi password, within minutes you can view live feeds from any of the 8 cameras.
Another neat feature of the Zmodo NVR system is that it makes the best use of all the 500GB of storage included in the kit. The way the system does this is that it automatically records videos at lower framerates whenever the cameras detect that there isn’t that much motion in the shots; this will ensure that the video files are kept relatively small. However, even though the framerates are slow, the images captured are still crisp and clear.
You can also get instant notifications on your phone whenever something triggers the motion control sensors in the cameras. However, if you don’t want to be bothered every time a raccoon or any small animal somehow triggers the motion detectors, you can schedule the alerts to go to your phone at set times during the day.
The biggest drawback that comes with the live feeds from the Zmodo system is that you can only view one camera at a time when using your smartphone. In addition, it will take some time when switching between cameras, which can be stressful if you do happen to find something suspicious.
|- Great features of the Zmodo is that once you have the cameras installed and powered up, you only need to connect them to your home’s wifi network and you’re all set to go|
- Another neat feature of the Zmodo NVR system is that it makes the best use of all the 500GB of storage included in the kit.
- Weatherproof Cameras - Install the cameras outdoors or indoors to keep your home and business safe.
|- The biggest drawback that comes with the live feeds from the Zmodo system is that you can only view one camera at a time when using your smartphone.|
If you’re looking for a cheap, easy to install, and completely wireless security camera solution for your home that you can also monitor remotely. Then the Zmodo 1080p 8CH HDMI NVR System should be high on your list of choices.
Of the five best wireless camera systems mentioned above, the absolute best choice would most likely be the Arlo Pro Security System with Siren. The reasons this is the best among the eight is: it is completely wireless, the battery life of the cameras are amazing, the quality of the videos are crisp and clear, and to top it all off. The system comes with a built-in alarm that will alert your neighbors and any law enforcement officer nearby to check out your home.
The Arlo Pro Security System definitely checks out all of the reasons why you should get home security cameras. You can use them to check on your kids wherever you are at the house because you can actually place them anywhere you like. The system can deter would-be robbers from breaking into your house because of the 100-decibel alarm and built-in speaker and microphone functions in the cameras.
Finally, it also allows you to monitor your cameras from your smartphone and actually trigger the alarm remotely if you find anything suspicious caught by the cameras ./.